From IASWiki
Revision as of 16:24, 3 March 2015 by Sven (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search


General questions about the online application form

I can't find the online form, where is it?

A direct link to the online form will be provided on the IAS webpage, once the portal is open. The online form is NOT accessible outside the application period of February 15th to March 31st. You can also start at the STiNE main page and go to "Application" (or "Bewerbung").

I'm on the STiNE application page but there is no online application?

You have to first create an applicant's account, then log in, and come back to the application page. Then you can select "Online Application" in the left-hand menu and continue from there.

Questions on filling out the form

Most information you will enter in the form is stored in the central database and will be used for administrative purposes and statistics. The admission board will directly work with the certificates and documents you provide. If you have problems filling out the form because the form doesn't let you enter your information correctly, please choose the closest entry and enter a comment at the end. The most common problems are listed further below. You can save your progress and continue filling the form at a later point. IMPORTANT: Once finished with the form, save it (correct all errors that are mentioned), print the summary page and sign the summary page! This is the page you have to provide by post together with the other documents. Applications without signature are incomplete!

What's a "higher education entrance qualification"?

This is the certificate in your country that enabled you to apply for your first university degree. This is called differently in every country, but usually is the last certificate you needed to go to university.

Where can I find the Intelligent Adaptive Systems" Programme?

After you have clicked on "Courses offered", select "Intelligent Adaptive Systems" in the "Subject" drop-down list and click search. Our programme will be the only result. Click on "Apply" to continue.

I'm confused about first and last name! Which is which?

In many countries, naming conventions are quite different to the German system. In Germany we use a first name and a family name to identify people. All other names are middle names. You have to enter the names as they appear on your passport since this is what German offices will use, no matter whether e.g. your family name is never used in addressing you directly in your country.

My subject or degree is not listed in "Further details about previous studies "?

If you subject is not in the drop-down menu, please select "Studiengang nicht vorhanden". If your degree is not listed please select the closest one, e.g. if you have completed a BTech or BEng, select BSc. The exact details will be taken from your certificates and documents.

My University entry qualification was obtained outside Germany. How do I enter this information?

This form is mostly tailored for qualifications made in Germany. In the drop-down menu for "University entry qualification*" there are 4 entries that are of interest for students from outside Germany:

  • "Ausland - Allgemeine Hochschulreife im Ausland" - General university entry qualification, i.e. you qualification enables you to select any university course in your country
  • "Ausland - Allgemeine Hochschulreife an einer deutschen Schule im Ausland" - General university entry qualification from a German school in your country
  • "Ausland - Fachgebundene Hochschulreife im Ausland"- Subject-specific university entry qualification, i.e. the qualification only enables you to enter university programmes from a specific subject area, e.g. natural sciences.
  • "Ausland - Fachgebundene Hochschulreife an einer deutschen Schule im Ausland" - Subject-specific university entry qualification from a German school in your country

For state and district select "Nicht in Deutschland" and enter "9.9" in the field for the grade. The admission board will use the certificates you provide to obtain the necessary information.

What are "vacation semesters"?

Vacation semesters are semesters where you have been officially away and your programme was on hold. In a vacation semester you are not able to sit exams or obtain credit points.

What are "Wartesemester"?

Waiting semesters are the time between getting your higher education degree and the start of the MSc in semesters. Only a maximum of 10 can be entered. All additional waiting semesters will be ignored.

Personal tools